4.7K views
Featured

I started using WEN about six months ago.At first I was skeptical, but after using it for a week I fell in love with the product and how it made my hair lay..

My hair no longer looked dried out, it had a bounce and shine. I had been using WEN for five months when I noticed a bald spot the size of a half dollar at the crown of my head.. I nearly passed out. My hair was down to the middle of my back and now there was an embarrassing bald spot that I could not cover unless wearing my hair up or putting a hat on.

My hair also started looking thinning around my forehead line.. What was going on!? I saw the dermatologist and he looked at me like he had no idea why this would have happened.. He said it could be alopecia but that it didnt make sense because there was stubble and hair regrowth already happening.

I was convinced that I had alopecia and started researching.. Until I stumbled upon WEN CAUSES HAIR LOSS AND THINNING. I had to cut my hair to my shoulders because WEN caused me hair loss, sensitive scalp and dandruff! WEN IS HORRIBLE!

Its nice in the beginning and then RUINS your hair.

WEN needs to be stopped.I will be going back to pureology and their fabulous FOR SURE all natural shampoo and conditioner!

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of wen shampoo from Wen and attached a photo. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Wen to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Wen for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Wen?

Comments

Chumlee911
Whitehall, Michigan, United States #1345876

My stylist said it plugs the hair follicle shaft and it virtually suffocates the hair and it falls out and gets thin and brittle. My hair is just now getting back to normal after 5 months of not using Wen.

Kfmcm
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #1290673

It is basically just conditioner & not a shampoo. I am so sorry that your hair fell out.

I am shocked to know I am not the only one.My issue began with loving the conditioning but noticed so much hair in the drain almost immediately after pumping on to my hair.

I figured it was stress or just normal.

It definitely made my hair thinner and knowing this is where I was headed, I won't touch it again.Thank you for your review.

Poi

The lawsuit against WEN is now.Please get yourself on that website so you can get paid.

Behentrimonium Methosulfate plus three other chemicals and more in the product DISSOLVES, yes dissolves hair!

There is no regulation in China about how much to put in each bottle, and there is no U.S. person there to regulate. What you get is someone from China putting in these chemicals with no volume or standard measure.

Stop using the product, get yourself on the website for the lawsuit and get paid!

So very sorry for your experience. Meanwhile, get some castor oil from Walmart, apply to your scalp and your hair will grow back. Mine did.

Hope this helps.Take care.

After months of use my hair always seemed

dirty. It is suppose to be a shampoo and

conditioner in one. It did not clean my hair.

I have stopped using it.

to Elizabeth #1017872

Me too, did not cleanse my hair

If you were using such a fabulous shampoo and conditioner, why did you switch?

to Anonymous Hacienda Heights, California, United States #1169953

Why are you such a douche bag?

Dahlonega, Georgia, United States #998067

I too loved Wen at first but then I too started noticing bald spots.I immediately stopped using it and now it's over a year later.

I lost over 1/3 of my hair. It is trying to grow back but is very thin. Still have to wear my hair up or wear a hat. I am so embarrassed.

I saw your picture of your head and it looks just like mine does except I lost so much more. Even AFTER I stopped using WEN. I pray that the makers of WEN will understand what they have done to us.

I invested many $$$ in the product and this is what happens.

I should have contacted them also because I too have ordered wen and not long after using the set I knoticed a bald spot which when I knoticed it my husband and I could not believe it it looked as if I wher a man with a toupe when I bent over we had guest for our familia summer BBQ/FishFry I was so humiliated I just shaved my hair like Sade the singer ,now with care of using my Crece Pelo (Donican) products my hair is about 5/7 in this only in a good yr now never will I try that wen *** again and I have a pretty good texture hair that *** made it dryer then it's ever been I learn now to leave well enough alone cant fix what's not broken Wen) is a NO NO