11.6K views

Update by user Feb 05, 2014

It's been three years since my original posting, it took two years for my hair to fully grow back.

I did call the FDA about 6 months after my hair fell out and about one year later a Dr.(I assume, a chemist) who works for them called me back and asked some more questions and said that WEN is being investigated.

More of you need to make phone calls. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT to aid them in their research. This guy is getting rich off of our heartache (not to mention, our money).

Original review posted by user Jan 22, 2011

My girlfriend and I bought Wen shampoo together and after a few months of use we both started to notice our hair was falling out.At first we didn't realize it was from the shampoo, so by the time we did, our hair was falling out in clumps!

My hair is very noticeably thinner and after about a month of not using WEN, it has finally stopped falling out.

The reason this happens is the lack of detergent in the shampoo causes a build up from sebum and dead cells on the scalp, suffocating the hair follicles which causes them to fall out.I WOULD NOT recommend using WEN as your only shampoo, alternate it with ones with detergent to periodically exfoliate your scalp!

Review about: Wen Shampoo.

Had an Experience with Wen?

Comments

Wendell, North Carolina, United States #1260542

OMG....I THOUGHT I WAS JUST ME....

I USED THE PRODUCT FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS... AND THE MOMENT I DECIDED TO STOP BECAUSE IT WAS NOT IMPROVING MY VIRGIN HAIR..

MY HAIR STARTED BREALING LIKE CRAZY...I HAVE BEEN DOING EVERYTHING TO GET MY HAIR BACK TO A HEALTHY STATE...IS THERE NO LAW SUIT

Wisconsin, United States #1131447

I statred to use wen in oct of 2013 i used it may be 3 time a week i used the leave in condisner about may of 2014 my hair was getting thin so by january 2015 i quit using wen and by that time i have lost over half my hair i am very dispointed in this product

Harriet karst

I was wondering what caused my hair loss ., till I found out in tv. about the product "WEN" I was happy because finally I stop thinking.,I went to doctors a lots of test even lupus and the doctors found nothing I stop using the product around a year ago but my hair still losing.WE NEED SOLUTION TO OURS "BIG" PROBLEM

Thanks for your support.

"We're not alone,were together".

Who can I contact about this product?? My hair is falling out because of Wen!!!!

Wen is a cleansing conditioner

I bought the introductory product last fall, I used it three times and had to stop because my hair broke off to the scalp in the middle of my head. I'm still trying to get ANY kind of moisture to my hair, at this point I'm just using rollers or wearing it in an Afro until it gets healthy again.

Nashville, Tennessee, United States #1079322

I have noticed my hair has been falling out for a few months now.Never thought it could be Wen.

I asked my doctor if the meds I was taking could make you lose your hair and she said NO. I have cut my hair and done all I could to get it to stop. Now I know what is going on I will stop using Wen.

I have fine hair and don't want to lose it.I am so mad.

OMG I've been using Wen for yrs.loved it I had awesome hair.

Now it's falling out too.

When I comb it lots fall out. Happens even when rake my fingers through hair.

My stylist told me I have a bald spot size of nickel.

I never thought it was Wen!!

Yikes!

Gabrielle

Tucson, Arizona, United States #1047391

I have been using Wen for a good couple of years.I have extremely thick hair and thought the product was keeping my hair in good condition, Until...I am losing copious amount of hair in the shower.

I did not even realize it until my hair is now no longer considered thick. I, too, first thought my age, 40's may be the culprit, but after researching all of the other Wen complaints, I sincerely believe it is the reason.

I will not use it again and hope that my hair grows back.I am devastated!

I have been using WEN for a few years now.I still have PLENTY of hair.

I am not losing any more with WEN than I did with just regular shampoo.I love your stuff Chaz !!!