Product: Wen Shampoo Clear all filters (175 of 175 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Wen Haircare - Bait and Switch

Classic bait and switch from Wen. So I ordered the 30 supply for $29.95, which we got and were happy with, we then ordered the 90 day supply for $109.50 which would be billed in 3 equal installments of $36.50 per month. The problem was the 90 day and the 30 day are the same. When I called to complain I was told that to 30 day supply was really the 90 day supply and that the $29.95 price was just a promotion price for the 90 day. Now my wife went through the two bottles of the shampoo in 30 days so we were expecting six bottles in our 90 day supply. My card was charged for the first $36.50, I yelled and complained so much that I was promised two additional bottles at no charge for the misunderstanding. I'm still waiting on those. The only good move I made was that I used a credit card that I have to add money on in order for anyone to charge against it. So we plan to let them charge the next two installments as we agreed and then cancel, and if they act like I didn't cancel or refuse to cancel and continue to ship product they can't charge me.

Yea, their association with GUTHY RENKER is my drawback about even trying wen. I went through absolute *** with proactive through them.

I called to cancel my "subscription" and they shipped me anyway, charged my debit card and when I sent it back refused, they would never give me my credit. I had to file a chargeback and a month later...

they tried to bill me AGAIN. Maybe I'll check it out through ebay or try the Hair One Hair Cleanser and Conditioner which is basically the same thing but you can get it at Sally's Beauty.

Agree my wife loves Wen, but I guess it is guilt by association since they choose to do business with Gunthy Reiker.

thisbearbites

Your complaint is with GUTHY RENKER, not WEN. WEN is the wonderful product. GUTHY RENKER is the compnay robbing you blind using an inoocent product as bait.

View more comments (2)
Loss

Wen in Miami, Florida - Sucks

DO NOT ORDER THIS PRODUCT. For one, the info-mercials and the web site are advertising falsely. I recieved my almond whatever and after reading the instructions, it states that if you have oily hair, you should use the cucumber aloe. I called the company and after being hung up on 5 times, finally got an answer that I will still have to pay shipping for this expensive product that is worse on my hair than using jail shampoo. This is by far the biggest scam out on the market. If you value your hair, do not order this ***

it sucks! i have elbow length oily scalp dry ends hair and it was $40 bucks after shipping for this dinky little bottle and i have to use at least 60 pumps of it WTF and after my hair was an oily mess ew DO NOT GET IT ITS A SCAM

Loss

WEN hair products!

Today on 2-4-2011, I did not even get to use to product because the customer service representative was SO RUDE. She was extremely pushy and when I said no to ordering the product due to the high additional cost and adding the automatic re-supply each month that you must get, she HUNG UP on me because she was angry. She also did not know much about the product, she had to type the question in online and research it. Then when i called back, the MANAGER had an attitude, talked to me in a rude and pushy manner, then wanted to push me to re-order!! THEY ARE CRAZY!! DO NOT GET PRODUCT!!

I love my wen hair care. I cannot believe all the negative comments.

I will never use any other product on my hair. The sweet almond mint gives my scalp a nice tingle and the process of cleansing my hair doesn't really take that much more time.

I have not used all the misc. other products because I have found that the cleansing conditioner followed up with one or two pumps of the conditioner following the initial cleanse is plenty.

So sorry that the others had problems, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product.

I just contacted their customer service to follow up on my order? they didnt know a thing!

but they sure took the monies right out of my account! I cant believe this company, they cant even find my order & they charged me?

I am definetly disappointed. I wish I read this before purchasing this product.

I have been using the Wen products for the past 6 weeks, it leaves my haor feeling oliy and weighed down. It also seems to be stripping my hair color from my hair.

I can usually go about 6 weeks in between touch up to cover the grays. I had to go 3 weeks early because it was so bad. Not sure why but I continued to use the product and now only 3 weeks later I feel I need to go for a touch up again!

I have NEVER had this problem before and I have been coloring my hair for years due to premature grays.

Maybe its just the reaction on my hair, but please be forewarned that this may happen to you as well.

I am no longet using the product, hopefully I can get the automatic shipments canceled and the payments to stop being withdrawn from my account. Wish me luck!

ijust used Wen Almond Mint today 2/5/11 and had a very severe allergic reaction. My face, scalp and neck broke out in angry red bumps.

My scalp began to burn.

I had to hurry and wash the product out. Please don't use this product.

View more comments (3)
Review
#219904 Review #219904 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Update by user Feb 05, 2014

It's been three years since my original posting, it took two years for my hair to fully grow back.

I did call the FDA about 6 months after my hair fell out and about one year later a Dr.(I assume, a chemist) who works for them called me back and asked some more questions...

OMG.... I THOUGHT I WAS JUST ME....

I USED THE PRODUCT FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS... AND THE MOMENT I DECIDED TO STOP BECAUSE IT WAS NOT IMPROVING MY VIRGIN HAIR..

MY HAIR STARTED BREALING LIKE CRAZY...I HAVE BEEN DOING EVERYTHING TO GET MY HAIR BACK TO A HEALTHY STATE... IS THERE NO LAW SUIT

View more comments

Wen is a scam

I had my boyfriend buy me the 30 day supply of Wen for me for our anniversary. I tried the shampoo and it was terrible. It made my hair feel dirty like it didn't even clean my hair. I gave it two more tries and it still made my hair feel like it was never washed. Over a month later I got another Wen kit at my door. I thought it was a mistake or something because it didn't show up as charged on the credit card. Two days ago I got another kit. My boyfriend called the place and told them that we only did the 30 day supply and they told us we did the 90 day supply. I know for a fact that we only did the 30. They still ended up charging us and we ended up spending more to send the *** stuff back. Wen is a complete scam! Their products suck too!!!!!

The same thing happened to me. I ordered the 30 day supply and then I was charged another $40 and got a box in the mail.

I promptly sent it back, waiting for my refund. I also cancelled my membership, which I never joined. I advice everyone to stay away from this company and their product is terrible. I didn't work for me or my wife.

Now they are saying I owe them $59, which I have no idea where they came up with this figure.

I am hoping to get this issue resolved and then I don't ever want to hear from them again. :(

#671977

Claim free shipping until you cancel order then nothing but a scam...block your credits cards they will rip you off.

Despite somewhat satisfactory results, try cancelling your credit card. Definitely one of those recurring charge scams! Beware!

I can not believe all these comments on here,I thought it was just me and my bad luck to get ripped off by product in two different ways,one by this shampoo is to leave hair soft ,nice and more,ha-ha and by getting ripped off in my credit card,I hope peaple read these comments before ordering and deside not to order it,because will get ripped off just like every one else,I really hope that they go out of buisness. :( :sigh :x

This product does not work for oily hair. I tried it for two weeks, hoping my hair would improve but it just got more dirty and limp.

Additionally, I only approved one charge of $39.95 to my credit card for one shipment and they sent me two shipments, but charged my credit card three times, once for $43.45, once for $59.13 and finally for $39.95.

If this isn't a complete scam, I'm not sure what to call it. I buy tons of stuff online and never had these problems with any other company.

I had to chime in, I, too have been hooked on WEN. I bought mine through QVC and I love it.

The crown of my head gets very greasy and I solved this by using baby shampoo just on my bangs and crown and rinsing forward so the soap suds don't run down the length of my hair.

I then use WEN from the area in my hair from the top of my ears down. My hair is beautiful now.

I agree with the first comment.

My hair just feels dirty all of the time when I use Wen.

I ordered Wen lavender cleanser/conditioner and it was absolutely awful! I used it as directed -5 times and now my hair is broken, frizzy and falling out. I have always had good hair with no problems with any other prodcut-ever and now I am pissed, too!!!

I bought mine from the WEN web site. I absolutely love it. My hair has never looked better.

I've had similar problems with other products where you get locked into their auto ship and continue recieving the products and being billed long after you have cancelled or even if you specifically request a 1 time only shipment. I also purchased this product through QVC.

I like it. The best buys, however, are on Amazon, and there are no continued shipments.

#221942

I bought mine through QVC, so I didn't have the ordering problem you had. I have to say, I was very skeptical about the product but by day 2, I was hooked. My hair has never looked any better.

View more comments (10)