10.1K views

Update by user Apr 10, 2012

I haven\'t been using wen or pantene since around valentines day and now I have 95% of the hair I lost growing back.The biggest spot is taking a bit longer, but it is coming back, too.

I have been using a shampoo I found at walmart called simply u. It is paraben and sulfate free. I love this stuff. I can not believe the money I have spent on wen.

I guess you can say I spent to lose my hair.I hope something happens to this product so no one else has to experience this.

Original review posted by user Feb 14, 2012

I have been using wen for about a year and a half now, daily.I absolutely loved it my hair was so soft and shiny and thick.This was until around November of 2011 I noticed a 2 inch roundish bald patch on the back of my head.

I started researching different things about hair loss and came to the conclusion that it was Alopecia. I decided to go to the doctor and he ran a bunch of different tests. They all came back normal. At this point I never gave the wen a thought and continued to use it.

Finally my boyfriend and I were discussing the issue and he said to Google hair loss while using wen and I couldn't believe what I saw. Complaint after complaint about others experiencing the same stuff. I stopped using wen around the 20th of January 2012 and started using garnier fructise and a week later I had a five o'clock shadow in the now two bald spots that have increased in size. This shampoo wasn't making my hair very soft or manageable so I went back to my favorite shampoo, Pantene.

The five o'clock shadow seemed to be disappearing about a week after. Here come to find out, Pantene has some of the same ingredients that wen does. So today I do not use either and I am taking a Biotin supplement hoping this does something for me because I am down to less than half the hair I always had. I can still conceal the issue but it is getting harder.

I am affraid that in another month at this rate I will be completely bald. I am PISSED!!!!

Someone needs to be responsible for this!!!!THIS SUCKS!!!!

Had an Experience with Wen?

Comments

Someone needs to stop these disgusting people from asking wen

I am losing all

My hair because of this. It's a disgrace how can these animals live with themselves

to Anonymous #1245788

These "disgusting" people have a significant amount of hair loss go read facts actual facts on Wen not the ones the company want you to read.Brainwashed you must be.

Can't wait till your hair falls out. This product is not safe. So before you bash on people have some compassion because hair is really falling off womens heads because of Wen. They all go to docotors blood tests show up normal.

So lets get real all these people arent just coincidence my hair is also falling out due to wen its the ONLY thing ive been using since last year and it slowly makes hair stringy and break off then at hairline bald patches. So just stop your bad mouthing other humans.

People like you need to be stopped not the ones who post their traumatic stories.Straight disgusted.

Thank you for posting. I lost 1/2 of my beautiful thick hair and couldn't figure it out. When I heard about the Wen lawsuit, it all clicked.

Thank you for posting your hair grew back, I'm hopeful.

I've been a hair dresser since 1984.Never one to fuss with my hair with irons and colors but I liked to try different shampoos over the years.

I used Mane and Tail for almost 2O years straight! Never had a hair loss or breakage problem til WEN....it was good at first. I used it exclusively for about a year....then noticed thinning. I attempted to change up with other non lathering thinking hair needed a break.

Same problem. Hair is just breaking OFF. I went back to M n T recently hoping to get my hair back. I think for me , since I do nothing to my hair aside from wash it twice a week...its,TOO conditioning.

Hair needs,protein and moisture.Too much of either you get breakage.

Seattle, Washington, United States #851025

Alrighty then...I will NOT be trying Wen.Ever.

I guess I'll just stick to using Biolage, which used to only be sold in salons, but is now carried in drugstores. Biolage IS a bit more expensive than regular shampoo and conditioner, but nowhere near what Wen costs. (and no hair loss!) It also smells fabulous, leaving a light scent that lingers in the hair until washed again.

With Biolage at least I know my hair will be on my HEAD and not my towel after washing, and that is PRICELSS.Judge people here only after YOUR hair falls out!

to jenniferlyn Yuma, Arizona, United States #1245789

Thank you!!!!

I have used a wide assortment of products over the years.never had any problem with hair loss.

This past year and a half I noticed I was having hair loss and the hair I had was thin. this all happened using the same problems I have used all my life.

I have regularly scheduled appointments with my doctor. he always has me make a list of questions about any problems I may experience between these routine visits.

So armed with my list of questions that I wanted to ask my doctor I go to my appointment. he starts asking me if I have finished the prescribed vitamin d which was stronger than over the counter. I told him I had. he then asked me when I finished the prescribed vitamin d did I continue with the strength you get over the counter along with dhea.

I told him that I didn't. of course he wasn't happy about it and told me that if I didn't, he told me some of the problems I could have by not having ample amounts of vitamin d, one of which is I could have my hair fall out. I looked at him, then I looked at my list of questions and I told him that was one of the questions on my list, why is my hair falling out. so he put me on the stronger dose for a month, then I followed instructions and took the over the counter strengths.

my hair is growing back.

the point of all this rambling is, there can always be something health wise that you are lacking. it is easy to blame a product but until you find out if there are nutrients...

that's my 2 cents worth for what difference it will make.

just look at all the angles, I never would have guessed it was lack of vitamin d.Since i am doing this research before i purchase the product, i am just playing devils advocate.  Would it make a difference if you washed your hair with any regular shampoo to scrub your scalp clean, the apply the wen product only on the hair and not all the way to your scalp.  that would give your hair the benefit of wen but not affect your scalp which from what i am reading here is the problem.

my hair is growing back.

I'm not saying that it couldn't be the product but if I had not inquired about this problem with my doctor and kept changing products, I would have never stopped loosing hair and certainly wouldn't have it growing back.

that's my 2 cents worth for what difference it will make.just look at all the angles, I never would have guessed it was lack of vitamin d.

Wen Hair Loss

Use Monistat to Reverse the Hair Loss and grow your hair again

Wen made my lustrous hair fall out.

My hair is growing back.

My hairline is filling in.

(after 2 years of hair loss, I started to have Sir Isaac Newton's hairline.)

The reason why is because it wasn't cleaning the sebum off the scalp well enough and the yeast that lives on the scalp was proliferating and creating loss etc.  ( yeast thrives on sebum- gross , right?!). Also limp dull  hair.

I had already given up on Wen after the first year but the altered environment on my scalp remained and caused continued hair loss.

It is starting to look lustrous again and not all droopy and weird.

I do not yet know the frequency of maintinance.

I am posting this as a public service.

After you washed and towel dried your hair

Mix 1/2 teaspoon of Monistat  (about a 1 inch squeeze from tube)

with

2 tablespoons of Water

into a pointy dye applicator bottle.  Put your finger over the hole and shake.

(Doesn't dissolve  perfectly )

Gently rub into scalp at the roots.

I've been doing it every shampoo for 2 months.   My hair looks back to normal in lustre and bounce and the thin spots are thickening so you can't see through anymore.

I do not yet know the frequency of maintinance.

I am posting this as a public service.

I had such...

My Hair slowed shedding in the FIRST APPLICATION and now is normal 25 hairs per wash.  It was coming out in clumps up to 200 or more hairs each time.  Unbelieveable and shocking.  I stated to accept that it was just perimenopause.  I'm 49.

I don't have time to answer questions-just spreading the word. You can too!

Let's love one another.

Tell your friends.

to Laura #1047505

I'm afraid of you stop using the monistat your hair will stop growing...this is what I have heard