After years of seeing the celebrity endorsed WEN commercials, I finally decided to purchase the product late in 2014. When it arrived, I initially used the "Sweet Almond Mint" for a few weeks and at first my hair did seem to look and feel nice, then the results changed and it began to feel kind of heavy and seemed to have a weird coating on it. My scalp was quite itchy and there were some small painful sores around the back of my hairline, the nape of my neck and above and behind my ears, mostly on the left side of my head. I also noticed that my hair seemed to get quite tangled in the back and I was losing massive amounts of hair, both in the shower and in my hair brush.
I quit using WEN and have now spent months and months switching back and forth between my regular shampoo brands and couldn't figure out why I was losing so much hair. Unaware that it was most likely the WEN product causing the problem, I even used it again a few months back, in a desperate effort to restore my hair to its former state.
I used to have beautiful thick hair well past my waist, that I've been growing for 20+ years ... and I certainly don't anymore.
The two full view photos were taken prior to using WEN ... the close up photos show a couple of the balding areas on my scalp, although the hair loss is not limited to those areas. I've now lost over a third of my hair volume, including a large chunk of hair on the left side of my head above the ear, that came out all at once in my hair brush one day. Needless to say, I was horrified and I am now deeply concerned that I will never be able to regrow the lost hair.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Massive hair loss
- Deceptive marketing practices
- Reason of review:
- massive hair loss
- Product or service
- Wen Sweet Almond Mint Conditioning Cleanser
- Review category
- Cosmetics and Toiletries
You May Also Like
- "Below I posted a video of what wen by chaz dean did to my hair!~ It matted and fused my hair and I could not get it apart. I got..."
- "My hair is falling out in clumps daily, grapefruit size, has broken off like crazy was waist length and now shoulder length too thin to comb, I bought from QVC..."
- "I just can't understand where any of the confusion stems from as far as billing goes... Yes the trial is advertised as either 29.95 or 19.95, but as I went..."
- "Hired installer "Tilestone Finishing Systems" in Kelowna, BC to install new bathroom floor in my condo. Installer did not cut new tiles properly. Tiles are not aligned with bathroom..."
- "THEY SAY THEY ARE THE BIGGEST AN THE BEST COMPANY TO WORK FOR BUT THATS A LOAD OF YOU KNOW. I WAS TOLD I ASKED A CLIENT OUT ON A..."
- "I purchased several 303 and 301 Lasers of Ebay in the Past. Because of Price I ordered 2 more fro Tmart both are Defective and not working.Using the fully charged ..."
- "I spent $161.92 for a 'deluxe' sugar and sweet bouquet and everyone's favorite candy basket with all the up charges to be delivered for my daughters sweet 16th birthday. It..."
- "1990 Chickasha Dr. Pfafftown, NC 27040 October 27, 2016 Patient Relations Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston-Salem, NC 27157 To Whom It May Concern: Let me first say that I have almost..."
- "I purchased this "sport" windscreen from an Ebay seller from Italy for an XDiavel. BEWARE!!! The bolts that came with it are MUCH too short, and are black steel..."