After years of seeing the celebrity endorsed WEN commercials, I finally decided to purchase the product late in 2014. When it arrived, I initially used the "Sweet Almond Mint" for a few weeks and at first my hair did seem to look and feel nice, then the results changed and it began to feel kind of heavy and seemed to have a weird coating on it. My scalp was quite itchy and there were some small painful sores around the back of my hairline, the nape of my neck and above and behind my ears, mostly on the left side of my head. I also noticed that my hair seemed to get quite tangled in the back and I was losing massive amounts of hair, both in the shower and in my hair brush.

I quit using WEN and have now spent months and months switching back and forth between my regular shampoo brands and couldn't figure out why I was losing so much hair. Unaware that it was most likely the WEN product causing the problem, I even used it again a few months back, in a desperate effort to restore my hair to its former state.

I used to have beautiful thick hair well past my waist, that I've been growing for 20+ years ... and I certainly don't anymore.

The two full view photos were taken prior to using WEN ... the close up photos show a couple of the balding areas on my scalp, although the hair loss is not limited to those areas. I've now lost over a third of my hair volume, including a large chunk of hair on the left side of my head above the ear, that came out all at once in my hair brush one day. Needless to say, I was horrified and I am now deeply concerned that I will never be able to regrow the lost hair.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of massive hair loss and deceptive marketing practices. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "massive hair loss" of wen shampoo. Wen needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned wen shampoo in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Wen.

Had an Experience with Wen?

Comments

I had the same hairloss problem from Wen.However, that waist length hair is not attractive at all.

Just because it took 20 years to grow that "Crystal Gayle" mop, does not mean you should cherish it.

Hair loss at the scalp is very traumatic but actually cutting that mess would make it healthier and get rid of excess weight pulling your hair out.Rapunzel hair is gross on anyone but as we age, it is especially nasty.