I started using wen a few months ago and was happy at first. Now my hairs is falling out in clumps and it is so thin on top.

I used to have thick hair and now I can see my scalp. I started counting the number of hairs coming out with each treatment. I was averaging 100. Today I whiched to a new product and it was 50.

I will keep track and keep posting my hair loss. I am also disappointed you cannot find any complaints like this on QVC. Are they hiding these reviews?

Is anyone having success with regrowth? What products are helping?

Comments

My daughter lost 98% of her hair in 2 weeks of using Wen. Would never have guessed a shampoo could do this to anyone!

It is some chemical in it. It didn't have to be in her hair a minute before her hair just slid right off her head.

We need to get a lawyer and sue wen for hair loss from their product

My dad just ordered when, I am excited to use it.. but now I am scared to use it now?

I've read a lot of storys and I told my dad about and he is a sucker for any thing so we just got the 30 day supply. Well I hope it works :roll

I had extremely healthy hair before using Wen, my mother-in-law was using it and gave me a few bottles to try. I've always had a normal amount of hair falling out in the shower but once I started using when it was coming out in clumps, as well.

My hair is fine so that amount of hair loss freaks me out, I stopped using it immediately. However, for the first time ever (in my 32yrs of life) I had some sort of scab on the top of my head, I was appalled and considered contacting the company but wasn't sure if that would do any good.

I am back to using my Organix shampoo and Brilliant Brunette my hair is back to its normal silky, shiny and I get compliments all the time!! Obviously this reaction does not happen to everyone but there should be some type of warning.

kimber59

PS: I forgot to mention in my earlier post that Wen also caused dry, scaly patches on my scalp that are still there to a lesser extent. This has never been a problem in my life.

I have very tolerant skin, and not sensitive at all. Go figure! :( You would think Guthy Renker would care with the amount of sales they receive from that product.

STAY AWAY FROM WEN BY GUTHY RENKER!!! :cry

kimber59

I too initially liked Wen's cleansing conditioner. I don't know when it happened, but I began to notice huge amounts of hair coming out as I rinsed out the product.

I have never experienced this with any hair product before using Wen, & I have tried many. Before this, my stylist always marveled over how healthy my hair was, but I don't use heat on it at all. Hence, I concluded that Wen must be responsible. I had begun to notice how heavy and greasy my hair was with Wen.

I concluded it had caused a residue on my scalp which leads to hair loss. I immediately stopped Wen, and the hair loss came down to the normal amount. My hair is again thick and soft. BTW, I did have medical tests and my MD said to take 5,000 mcg of Biotin.

It is a miracle for fast hair growth, but he said you need at 5,000 mcg for results. Hope this helps!

Had horrible hair loss. Stopped using a month ago and it stopped.

Beware!! I loved it for a long time and only had the hair loss after about 6 months of faithful use.

I have used Wen for 8 mos, and it has worked fine for me, but my 10 year-old daughter started using it, and was losing clumps in the drain. I thought she was coming down with Alopecia or was pulling her own hair (trichotillomania), but I am now quite sure it is the shampoo.

I feel so terrible that she had to go through this! She is going to have to get a "bob" haircut, and her hair was below her shoulders.

The Hebrew word for WEN means ...

2990 yabbel yab-bale' from 2986; having running sores:--wen.

Shalom

This happened to me too! But, I've concluded that its nothing that's in the shampoo ..its how much the bottle instructs you to scrub your scalp and hair. That would pull your hair out.

patterja

My latest unscientific findings are only 29 hairs lost two shampoos before and today, after three days without shampooing only 63 hairs. Huge difference since I stopped using Wen. Hair loss almost cut in half.

I got my first bottle of Wen for Christmas and have been using it since... Although I never saw 'clumps' falling out, my hair is getting EXTREMELY thin!!

I didn't connect the dots until today. I went to the doctor, had a thyroid test, changed my styling product, etc. Everything at the Dr. was normal.

I even went to the vitamin store and got a 'hair, skin & nails' suppliment. Then, as I was showering today, it hit me!! The WEN!!!! Now after reading about all these other people who are having the same issues, I have no doubt that the Wen is causing some sort of reaction.

I know many other people who love the product and have no issues, I just think some people react to it adversely. I'm going to stop using it...

we'll see that happens. I have naturally curly hair so my hair is already very fine, I feel like I am half bald now!

One cannot simply "diagnose" someone with a thyroid condition or any medical condition with whom they have never met, not even a medical professional, in which I am one. That being said if there is hair loss that was not previously there before using Wen, then its pretty safe to say it must have been the shampoo and realistically AND scientifically, hair care products natural or not, can in fact (and do)cause sporadic hair loss.

I love love love Wen. Makes my hair beautiful.

BUT....my hair falls out 10 times as much as

regular shampoo. I had to stop using it because it was freaking me out by the quanity.

There has to be some truth to all these claims.

If it was just a handful, but its hundreds...

Yea i just got online to research to see if anyone had problems with Wen to because like you my hair started falling out like no other when i started using it. Now it did make my hair really soft but i clogged up my bath tub in a week because how my hair i was lossing when i washed it. Then had another pile when i had blown it dry.....never will i use it again :(

I have had the same experience with WEN. I liked it at first but then it caused extreme hair loss. I had blood tests, went to the dermatologist and the only thing different was that I was using WEN.

patterja

You can say what you will but you can't argue with results. The last time I washed my hair with the new shampoo only 25 hairs.

That is quite a difference from an average of 100, and no clumps of hair. If it works for you great.

I'm not telling anyone anything but my own experience. It does seem like many people have shared my experience.

Be realistic how can this shampoo that is made up of natural things make your hair fall out and shampoo with chemicals doesn't?? This is by far the best product I have used.

I am a hair stylist and have used product lines that are really expensive and never made my hair feel as healthy as wen.

If your hair is weighed down and greasy it is simpliy because you are using to much product and not washing it all out. And to your problem it sounds like a health problem not a shampoo problem

I have had all of that checked. The only change in the last few months is Wen.

I googled other major hair care products and none have as many complaints as Wen. You may be right, it is just not for me, but someone needs to point that out to customers.

If you notice hair loss please stop using. Bottom line, if there is smoke there is fire.

must be an allergy to something in wen. Doesn't make it a bad product- it just isn't for you.