I saw WEN hair product ads everywhere online. I was excited about using an organic product line to repair and restore my damaged hair. When I ordered, I was responding to an ad offering a 30 day supply for $29.99 + shipping and handling. see below between the double brackets [[ . . . ]]

[["Wen Hair Care 30-Day Supply

See the difference WEN can make for your hair in just 30 days.

5Wen Hair Care 30-Day Supply

1 2 oz. Re Moist Intensive Hair Repair Mask

BONUS ITEMS

1 10 g. Texture Balm

1 Wide Tooth Comb

Created with a perfect balance of ingredients, Wen helps you say goodbye to bad hair days!

5Wen Hair Care 30-Day Supply

Our 30-day Introductory Kit comes with Cleansing Conditioner, Styling Crème, and ReMoist Intensive Hair Repair Mask!

You'll also receive TWO FREE BONUS ITEMS: Wen Texture Balm and our Wide Tooth Shower Comb"]]

NO WHERE IN THE AD or in the ordering process - was it mentioned that this would be RECURRING ORDER. It was only when I noticed a second charge on my bank statement - that I called their order center, only to be told that the order process did advise me this would be a recurring order. I don't recall seeing or agreeing to that . . so it must be well hidden!

I told the rep that I wanted the order canceled, he said in order to get the "discount" for the 30 day supply, the recurring order was mandatory. I repeated that I wished to cancel the order. He than said that 3 additional shipments had already been approved, including the one for which I had just noticed the charge to my account.

These charges are executed one month at a time . . how is it NOT possible to cancel the charges and future shipments????!!!!

I have subsequently canceled the debit card on file for my WEN account order and will advise friends and family to NOT try this offer. The rep also said that these type of products are not available anywhere except through WEN - which is ALSO NOT TRUE. My sister later told me about an organic product named "no poo" - available through her hair dresser, locally.

Review about: Wen Conditioner.

Had an Experience with Wen?

Comments

I just went to order this for my mom and saw that recurring order agreement in the SMALLEST print!!! Yikes. Thanks for the review, you saved me from a big mistake!

Demopolis, Alabama, United States #686338

What I had to do is take a PRE paid card on there and take my regular card off so I could not be charge and they still sent me shipment talking about a invoice will be on there uh I think not cause I didn't sign up for reoccurring delivery

Believe me, it is worth the time to cancel that payment method - credit/debit card.

And that way they cannot continue to ship and take payment for future orders.Ask at your local salon .

.there are natural hair care products available.

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #240317

I as well just recieved my wen and in the box was a bill for $112.00 I was like what is this I only ordered the $29.00 deal to try it so I called and of course i'm stuck with it so I have been using it for about 5 days I want to wash my hair so bad cause it feels so dirty but I figured I will wait and see if it does anything at least in 2 weeks I hope so cause I really didnt have that kind of money they really did rip me off but they already have my info its not worth the stress i'll just suck it up like they did my money

You should have sent a request in writting to the company. If they continue to charge the card after receiving the notice to stop the charges, that is illegal electronic funds withdrawal if using a debit card. You can contact your credit card company and file a dispute with them for the charges that were not authorized.

I've never used any WEN products, but I do have this bit of advice.QVC on TV or QVC.com is the safest place to order anything.

They sell WEN products, and if you're not happy with anything w/in 30 days return it & they refund you immediately.

I've used other products and returned empty bottles, no questions asked and they've refunded my money.

I love shopping with QVC - their the best!!!!!!!!!!

same problem here, after using wen, i have dandruff for the first time ever. going to stop using it now!!! too bad because i really liked it...

BUT - when I did try to cancel after noticing the 1st recurring order, I was told that I could NOT cancel until the three remaining shipments and billing were completed. THAT is not true if what you displayed here is honest.

AND - the ADS ARE deceptive because their 30 day trial does NOT mention the recurring order default.

Recurring orders should never be by default - if a merchant is truly honest with their customers. This should be an option CONSCIOUSLY, INTENTIONALLY chosen. And if their order system has this language - after the customer continues (often without noticing that language) - there should be a verification step, asking the customer if indeed they DO WANT the recurring order.

It's sneaky and deceptive and I believe many others would agree.

Where is the ethics in this?

If you go to the Wen web site, and click on the button to order your 30-day supply for $29.95, the following appears:

Product description QTY CLUB PRICE

WEN® Healthy Hair Care System Sweet Almond 30-day supply. When you order today you'll also get TWO Free Gifts!

Starting 30 days after you place your order you’ll receive a new 90-day supply automatically replenished every three months. You’ll pay only $29.95 per month plus $7.95 shipping and handling per subsequent shipment. There is no minimum to buy and it’s easy to reschedule, suspend or cancel at any time by calling customer service. This purchase will be charged to the card you provided today. Every WEN purchase includes a 60-day money-back guarantee of the purchase price less shipping and handling.

AHG44C

It CLEARLY states on the web site that recurring shipments will be sent. As someone who has worked for Customer Service for the company who services this product, I would offer the following advice, make sure that you read ALL of the print on the screen before typing in a credit/debit card number. To do otherwise just gives strength to that old saying, "A fool and his money are soon parted."

I actually love the product but I got it off ebay. I didn't want a recurring order.