Machesney Park, Illinois

On December 6, 2011 I ordered three, 30 day supplies of WEN Healthy Hair Care System for 29.95 ea. for a total of $89.85. This order was processed on line. By ordering this product I was to enter into an agreement that the product would be automatically shipped to me monthly. I called WEN @ 800-964-1892 telling the customer service person I was purchasing the product as Christmas gifts and did not want to enter into this agreement. I was told by WEN that I only had to call twenty four hours later and cancel. I then went back to the website to order and without realizing, I had mistakenly ordered twice. Again I phoned WEN on December 6, 2011 asking to cancel one of the orders. I was told that they could not see anything being process for at least 24 hours and to contact them in 24 to 48 hours to cancel.

December 8, 2011 I called WEN cancelling the automatic orders so I wouldn't receive future product and to stop the extra order from being shipped. I was told it had already shipped and in order to receive a refund on the one unwanted shipment I was to just return the product. The result of these orders was $89.85 was removed from my RBCU account on December 10, 2011 and another $89.85 was removed on December 13, 2011.

January 7, 2012 unwanted order shipped back to WEN.

January 14, 2012 WEN received product.

January 12, 2012 a $104.84 transaction was in process of being removed from my RBCU account. I called WEN and talked to Robin, where I told her that the "contract" had been cancelled on December 8, 2011. I then requested that the transaction be stopped from being removed from my account and to cancel product delivery. I was informed by Robin they could not, but would refund my acct. in 3-5 business days. She also said she'd refund the $89.85 for returned product. Robin also stated that the $104.84 product had shipped. I informed Robin that it cost $11.65

for shipping for the last return product and I didn't want to have to pay again for the products return. I was told they would send a return label so there would be no extra expense to me.

January 13, 2012 the $104.84 was removed from my RBCU acct.

January 16, 2012 I called WEN and talked with Nicole inquiring about the $89.85 refund for product returned, she said they hadn't received it. I then told her it was received on January 14, 2012. Nicole told me it could take 3-5 business days after receiving product. She said the return should show by January 19, 2012.

January 19, 2012 I called WEN re: the $89.85 refund and talked with Mark. He said that it had been processed and sometimes the bank holds checks until cleared before placing into acct.

January 19, 2012 called RBCU nothing received.

January 21st the new product was sitting at the post office where I refused it, returning it to WEN.

January 23, 2012 I called WEN regarding the $104.84 and asked for supervisor, I was forward to Jeannie, accounts specialist- she informed me the process had not been done correctly and would take another 3-5 business days.

January 25, 2012 the amount of $89.85 was refunded into my acct.

January 31, 2012 I called and asked for Jeannie, accts specialist…she was very apologetic saying that there was a balance of $240 something and they removed $89.85 from balance??? Jeannie said that the computer showed that 3 orders had gone out. After much explaining by me to get her up to date, she said it was "now corrected"…"Refund in 3-5 business days."

February 1, 2012 I called and talked with Sandy, she confirmed that credit for $104.84 was made on January 31, 2012 to my acct. She also said that a refund of $14.99 was made in check on January 24, 2012? Refund for shipping??? Not clear.

February 4, 2012 received check for $14.99. Still do not know what this is for. To date I have not cashed it.

February 5, 2012 received email confirmation of returned product.

February 7, 2012 the amount of $29.95 was refunded to my acct. so once again I called WEN asked for Jeannie accts specialist. Talked with Kelsey, Kelsey stated refund issued February 1, 2012 and that they show my bank accepted it. I told Kelsey as of February 7, 2012 my bank statement does not show a refund of $104.84. Kelsey said that if my bank doesn't show refund by February 8, 2012 that I would need to show my bank statements showing it was not received.

February 8, 2012 Rachel acct. specialist said a check was issued on February 1, 2012 and could take 4-6 weeks to receive it. If not received by March 7, 2012 I was to call her. She said I had been misinformed all along and she was very apologetic.

February 13, 2012 another $29.95 was refunded to my acct.

March 7, 2012 I talked with Kelsey and told her the check had not been received. Kelsey said there was a hold on the check. Kelsey said the amounts of $29.95 refunded on February 7 and February 13, 2012 plus the $14.99 are the total refund. According to my calculations this shows that I am still owed $29.95 (please refer to table below). Kelsey became extremely rude when I tried to explain to her it was still not correct where she continued to cut me off and became belligerent telling me to let her finish her sentences. When I waited for my turn to talk Kelsey would interrupt me saying she already explained that. She said she showed no record of $104.84 being removed from my acct. and WEN showed only withdrawals for $29.95. WEN wants bank statements showing withdrawals before they'll refund anything more.

Please let me know if there is anything you can do to help me. I feel I have been persistent, but tolerant in my dealings with Guthy-Renker, but they have pushed me to the end of my patience. I find this company to be inept in their records and poor in their customer service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wen Hair Care.

Comments

First of all, you are giving an extremely detailed report of this issue, but to the completely wrong people! There is nothing anyone reading this can do to help you. So take those records are call the better business bureau. A report to them can get a company jumping through hoops for you. I had an issue with vistaprint and some *** company they were SELLING my information too. One $2 purchase and I was having random withdrawals coming out of my account for TWO YEARS! I also called to try to correct this and was given the run around. I thought it had stopped and then two years later I realized that they were still doing it.

I called and filed a report with the BBB, after of course calling my bank and making sure that this particular company was not authorized for any more withdrawals. After the report was filed, this company refunded every single penny within 4 days.

If you ever run into a problem like this in the future, the very first person you should contact (and should have contacted on Jan. 12th) is your bank. They are in charge of holding onto (and protecting) your money. If you are unable to get immediate help with an issue like this, you are banking with the wrong company. There are alot of things out there that require a subscription. And all require you to give your account and be prepared for automatic withdrawals. A good bank will be on your side and give you immediate solutions. Good luck, and I'm sorry you had this trouble.

nikalseyn

Never, ever give anyone your bank account info or allow them to take money out of you bank account. As you found out, it's dangerous.

Once the money is gone, you may never get it back. Always use a credit card online.

Never anything else. With a credit card, you can dispute the charge.