2.2K views

After seeing those darn infomercials time and time again, and watching a QVC presentation; I gave in to the hype and purchased the gallon size 613 conditioner and (3) three of the 32 oz Wen in various formulas. Hey! If nothing, I am a committed fool, having given in to the hype. I began using Wen in September 2013. I have no known health problems, not on any medications and prior to usage of Wen had healthy shoulder length hair, with no chemical adulteration. I purchased Wen via QVC as I do not believe in giving my credit card number to any company that may continue to charge for "automated" purchase of their products. This is a built in recipe for financial abuse on their end. Anyway, my initial use of Wen resulted in soft, easy to blow dry hair that had such a luster, I honestly mused that there must be something in this to cause such "slip" when in the shower as well as the unusual shine. My first several uses, resulted in hair that was bouncy, shiny and seemed to hold a curl very well. But, over the next 2 months, I began to experience clumps of hair loss in the shower that was well beyond normal shedding as well as a drying texture to my hair. As I was not using any other styling products, it was pretty easy for me to zero in on the culprit! I did a bit of research, after my purchase and use; note to self! Research of ANY product, should be before use! Anyway. Wen is loaded with silicone and other ingredients that literally block the pores of your scalp and choke the passage for hair follicles. This in turn over time will result in massive hair loss. Just think of primers used before applying your makeup! The silicone in primers block the pores and prevent perspiration from seeping out to cause your makeup to run. Thus, you need fewer touch ups right! Well Wen over time creates a barrier on your scalp and blocks the hair follicles, thereby prompting your hair to literally fall out. And because this product is laden with silicone like product there is a quick buildup on your hair shaft, literally melting the hair off. Now, this may not be true for everyone. Each woman will have varied results. But, this product seems to be marketed to those with color treated or damaged hair and thus proves to be counter productive if you have fairly healthy hair. I have watched the Chaz Dean infomercial with rapt attention and at the bottom of the screen, two things stand out; "Results will vary" and the women on the screen have had their hair "professionally styled", and there is no clear representation that ALL the model's were subjected to the use of Wen! Ladies to halt the hair loss you will need to do the following:

1) Treat your hair to a protein conditioner. I immediately went out and purchased Aphogee Protein treatment conditioner and this immediately stopped the breakage. I could literally count the strands I lost after this treatment vs. massive hair loss, prior to!

**Hair products both shampoos and conditioners can be either overly acidic or high in alkaline, thereby interrupting your hair's natural PH balance, resulting in a drying out of your hair and breakage.

**Apple Cider Vinegar is very close to the PH balance of ones natural hair.

2) Return the PH balance to your hair by periodically using an Apple Cider Vinegar rinse. Massage into your scalp and hair to stimulate the scalp, and clear those clogged pores. This will also remove the buildup of the Wen product as well as other styling product that have built up on your hair and scalp without stripping your hair of it's natural oils. An additional benefit of an Apple Cider Vinegar rinse is this is a natural detangler for your hair and is a natural treatment for those that suffer from dandruff. Detangling results may vary upon your texture and length of hair. Also note: an ACV rinse does wonders to promote shine and close your hair cuticle, thus reducing snagging and breakage. And don't worry about smelling like a salad, the odor dissipates very quickly once rinsed out and the hair begins to dry..:-)

3) You may need to cut the damaged hair out, or at least have the ends trimmed.

4) In areas where your hair has thinned out, try spot treatment with Nioxin. This is formulated specifically for women and comes in various formulates: thinning, color treated, etc.

As someone who has broken her hair off in years past from too much heat, falling asleep while coloring hair....Yeah, that was a hum dinger!!! ....Never, ever do your hair when you are tired....LOOL And most recently growing it out to a wonderful and outlandish length. I can tell you our hair really is our "crown and glory." When we perceive ourselves to look good, we feel good and our hair is a large part of this perception. Unless you have done irreversible damage to the follicle and/or root, the damage experienced by Wen can absolutely be reversed in time.

Here is wishing everyone Good Luck and beautiful and healthy hair....;-)

Review about: Wen Conditioner.

Had an Experience with Wen?

Comments

I used this Wen for 2-3 years exclusively.Just started the unclogging process with Nioxin and I am almost afraid to wash my hair as the loss is extreme daily and worst since I started cleaning my follicles.

Now the crazy thing is my hair has grown the longest ever but it sheds horrible and was at one time bald at the center. It is paper thin.

anyone have good results after using for 3 years exclusively?

to Anonymous #1359358

I have used WEN exclusively for 12 years and my hair (and my daughter's) is thick and super healthy looking. I color my roots every 4-6 weeks and WEN is the only product I use. I get compliments about my hair all the time.

Thank you so much for writing this!My hair started falling out after I started using Wen 613 but I wasn't sure if it was the culprit because I was getting married and was under a lot of stress and thought that could be the reason I was losing my hair.

It could also have been that I lost weight very quickly and was on a weird high soy diet.Any one of those things could have made my hair fall out but I want to rule out anything that might have done it so I will no longer be using my 613 Wen and will def try your tips on cleaning my scalp and hope my hair regrows...

Reno, Nevada, United States #771366

Good review.What is with all of the "no" votes?

ACV is great stuff.

Thank you for the review--I was going to try this stuff but after reading the reviews--no way.

Dear Consumer:

Whatever steps you have taken up to this point, you are entitled to a FULL REFUND.

You can still get  the refund, even though you might have cancelled the card.   All credit card

companies will help you, not just Cap One Visa.  Here's what I learned a long time ago with companies like DISH NETWORK, BOOK OF THE MONTH CLUB, VITAMINS, WEIGHT LOSS PRODUCTS---- just how to put a stop to the

Chicago, Illinois, United States #759870

Hey Jaden,

I see other anonymous post here, but I wrote the original novel about my experience with Wen....;-) To be fair, and I said this in my post, every woman's hair is different; different textures, with varied conditions. But speaking for myself, I am a woman in her 40's with no hormonal issues, not on any medications and have not subjected my hair to any chemical adulterations in a number of years. I began using Wen in September of this year (2013) with healthy shoulder length naturally wavy textured hair; Not overly dry nor extremely oily. My initial experience with Wen was pretty good! After shampooing with the product as instructed, rinsing and applying the recommended amount as leave in, I blow dried my hair and it was extremely shiny and soft. But, with each use, there was a noticeable build of this product and clumps of hair were falling, not shedding but falling!!!!!! With magnifier in hand, I looked up each listed ingredient and learned that Wen is far from "Natural" as advertised and is loaded with silicone as well as other topical ingredients that are known carcinogens. This is true of most products on the market and lets face it, we women still use our make ups, perfumes and other products.. :p But Wen, literally began causing my hair to fall out :cry I kid you not, I sought a consultation with a beautician...

I am not one to tell anyone what to use or what not to use...But, based on my own personal experience with this product, I am not likely to be too quick to purchase a product ever again based on an infomercial.

And for those who still have doubts....I actually caught Chaz Dean last weekend on QVC hawking this product and promoting it's use not just for your hair but also for shaving your legs, facial treatments and to shampoo your pets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!These represented alternative uses are not mentioned in his infomercials, leading me to believe that there is something in the chemical composition that he knows is causing havoc with a large segment of users and he is now putting alternative uses out there to cover his bases where litigation is concerned.

Reading these reviews, I gotta ask, whats up with people voting "BS" about women who have had what seem to be some very heart wrentching expereinces with a very sketchy product.If you bought it and have had no problems, but don't discount those that have had genuinely bad results.

All these people cannot be lying about this. These complaints are too prevalent and very specific about their experience to have been fabricated.

I am sure that over time, with enough of these complaints and filings, Wen like so many other products hawked on those infomercials will fall by the wayside..

Till then, Chaz Dean is laughing all the way to the bank.Cha Ching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to Anonymous #759852

Oh my Goodness-- I ordered the products-- all of them, and now after reading all the BAD PRESS I am afraid to use them.I have thin hair, but not so thin that it looks bad when fixed.

I, however, would not like to lose anymore--not even one strand. Thanks for your review. You are right about these women being sincere about their complaints and horrific experiences. Wen has been around for a long time- I'm surprised it is still on a one-hour Info,recital EVERY DAY, TWICE A DAY.

I think I was luckier than most about the $$$ situation.I learned a long time ago with DISH NETWORK, BOOK OF THE MONTH CLUB, VITAMINS, WEIGHT LOSS PRODUCTS-- just how to put a stop to the

Used Wen, my hair fall out, I will never use this product again and I have shared my experience with everyone I have come in contact with.Just the weekend, met friends for dinner and one woman was seriously considering it.

Told her yeah, those infomercials are pretty convincing but showed her my bald spot, which was not there before Wen use. Simply took off my hat and the gasp said it all! Yeah, my real visable hair results vs. Chaz Dean's rip off infomercial and snake oil.....bald spots won out in this campaign!

Too bad, I didn't google about this product, BEFORE I tried it. Switched back to regular shampoo and conditioner and the hair loss seems to have stopped!!!!!!!! Shame on you Chaz Dean. The only bright spot for me is unlike some others on this site, I bought my *** via QVC and not your rip off website.

So, I am temporaily out of my hair for now ...I hope.But, I was not over billed, double billed or expereinced continued billing!!!!!

to Anonymous #759854

Oh my Goodness-- I ordered the products-- all of them, and now after reading all the BAD PRESS I am afraid to use them and will not use them.

I think I was luckier than most about the $$$ situation. I learned a long time ago with DISH NETWORK, BOOK OF THE MONTH CLUB, VITAMINS, WEIGHT LOSS PRODUCTS-- just how to put a stop to the