Wen - Review about Hair Care Product from Lansdale, Pennsylvania

I started using WEN about six months ago.At first I was skeptical, but after using it for a week I fell in love with the product and how it made my hair lay..

My hair no longer looked dried out, it had a bounce and shine. I had been using WEN for five months when I noticed a bald spot the size of a half dollar at the crown of my head.. I nearly passed out. My hair was down to the middle of my back and now there was an embarrassing bald spot that I could not cover unless wearing my hair up or putting a hat on.

My hair also started looking thinning around my forehead line.. What was going on!? I saw the dermatologist and he looked at me like he had no idea why this would have happened.. He said it could be alopecia but that it didnt make sense because there was stubble and hair regrowth already happening.

I was convinced that I had alopecia and started researching.. Until I stumbled upon WEN CAUSES HAIR LOSS AND THINNING. I had to cut my hair to my shoulders because WEN caused me hair loss, sensitive scalp and dandruff! WEN IS HORRIBLE!

Its nice in the beginning and then RUINS your hair.

WEN needs to be stopped.I will be going back to pureology and their fabulous FOR SURE all natural shampoo and conditioner!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 20 Yes 20 10 No 10
Had the same issue 42 Yes 42
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 15 #1159065

I am shocked to know I am not the only one. My issue began with loving the conditioning but noticed so much hair in the drain almost immediately after pumping on to my hair. I figured it was stress or just normal. It definitely made my hair thinner and knowing this is where I was headed, I won't touch it again. Thank you for your review.

0 0 Reply

Dec 16, 2015 #1079485

The lawsuit against WEN is now. Please get yourself on that website so you can get paid.
Behentrimonium Methosulfate plus three other chemicals and more in the product DISSOLVES, yes dissolves hair!
There is no regulation in China about how much to put in each bottle, and there is no U.S. person there to regulate. What you get is someone from China putting in these chemicals with no volume or standard measure.
Stop using the product, get yourself on the website for the lawsuit and get paid! So very sorry for your experience. Meanwhile, get some castor oil from Walmart, apply to your scalp and your hair will grow back. Mine did. Hope this helps. Take care.

2 2 Reply

Aug 05, 2015 #1016279

After months of use my hair always seemed
dirty. It is suppose to be a shampoo and
conditioner in one. It did not clean my hair.
I have stopped using it.

4 0 Reply

Aug 10, 2015 #1017872

Me too, did not cleanse my hair

2 0 Reply

Jun 24, 2015 #999045

If you were using such a fabulous shampoo and conditioner, why did you switch?

0 7 Reply

Jun 22, 2015 #998067 Dahlonega, Georgia

I too loved Wen at first but then I too started noticing bald spots. I immediately stopped using it and now it's over a year later. I lost over 1/3 of my hair. It is trying to grow back but is very thin. Still have to wear my hair up or wear a hat. I am so embarrassed. I saw your picture of your head and it looks just like mine does except I lost so much more. Even AFTER I stopped using WEN. I pray that the makers of WEN will understand what they have done to us. I invested many $$$ in the product and this is what happens.

Mar 18, 2015 #960251

I should have contacted them also because I too have ordered wen and not long after using the set I knoticed a bald spot which when I knoticed it my husband and I could not believe it it looked as if I wher a man with a toupe when I bent over we had guest for our familia summer BBQ/FishFry I was so humiliated I just shaved my hair like Sade the singer ,now with care of using my Crece Pelo (Donican) products my hair is about 5/7 in this only in a good yr now never will I try that wen *** again and I have a pretty good texture hair that *** made it dryer then it's ever been I learn now to leave well enough alone cant fix what's not broken Wen) is a NO NO

Feb 27, 2015 #951675

Hello, We have alerted the Corporate Customer Service Escalation Team of your experience and they are standing by to help. If you could please contact them by filling out this form: http://www.wen.com/lp/cet with details of your experience, someone from our team will be in touch with you shortly to learn more and offer further assistance. Thank you.

0 7 Reply

Feb 26, 2015 #951212

I don't understand Wen does not have any chemicals to cause hair loss but all the other products we use dry and cause hair to break.

4 7 Reply

Dec 16, 2015 #1079487

Behentrimonium Methosulfate + 2 other sulfates DISSOLVE hair.
The product is made in China. There is no regulation of how much to put in each bottle, and they don't care.
So the horror is in the bottle.
Please get yourself to the lawsuit website against WEN and get paid restitution. U deserve it.

3 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Wen. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Wen.
Filing a new complaint about