In May I purchased a Wen basic hair care kit for $29.95. Since I didn't get any confirmation, I replaced the order.

When two orders arrived, I let it go. One month later, however, I received a repeat of the two orders. It appears I didn't read the very fine print on the right side of the screen that put me into a continuous reorder program. I called to cancel the account.

In August I was billed again. It seems the total cost of the two new orders was $203.64!, which is spread out over three payments. While the fine print describes the continuous enrollment program, nothing about the increase in cost is mentioned on the website and no one mentioned it when I called...not very transparent in my way of thinking. I will pay the bill, but I'm very disappointed with Guthy Renker and a little surprised that Chaz Dean would tolerate such deception.

When I called Guthy Renker, I read the detail from the webpage that describes A PAYMENT of $29.95 plus $3.99 for shipping and handling...nothing about multiple payments.

I was told the current offer differed from the one in place last May when I placed my order. No way to dispute of course, but the whole thing feels slimy..even though I accept responsibility for not reading every word on the webpage.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wen Hair Care.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Truth in advertsing.

Comments

Gunthy Renker needs to be put out of business. They also handle the ordering for Proactive and Meaningful Beauty. Look up the review for these products and you will see people furious about the same thing.

#1031988

The exact same thing happened to me. I have never ordered from them since. The product didn't work that well for my hair anyway, especially for the price.

GuthyRenkerHelp

Hello- Our team is standing by to help. If you purchased WEN online, the information in your shopping cart details that your initial WEN order will be replenished automatically unless you call to cancel.

If you ordered over the phone, the customer service representative who took your order would have reviewed these terms with you. This information is also included in your shipments. If you have any other questions that we can help with, please contact our Corporate Escalation Team here: http://www.wen.com/lp/cet someone from our team will be in touch with you shortly.

Thank you. –WEN Customer Care