1.2
Turnaround Time

I first purchased WEN by Chaz Dean cleansing conditioner in Sephora in 2014. I liked the idea of cleaning my hair without using a regular shampoo and harsh chemicals.

WEN’s cream made my hair feel smooth and moisturized. After a few weeks, though, I noticed that my scalp would feel itchy and I saw flakes of skin in my hair. Unfortunately, it took me several months to realize that the problems were caused by WEN. During application, the WEN conditioner gives a cooling feeling to the scalp, so to alleviate my problem, I actually started using it more often!

The more irritated and itchy my scalp would feel, the more often I would wash my hair with WEN’s conditioner. Before using WEN, I would wash my hair 1-2 times a week. After starting using WEN, I would have to wash my hair ever second day. I couldn’t go more than two days because my scalp would feel almost burning.

The itchiness and pruritus would become unbearable. Again, I didn’t realize that WEN’s product caused this allergic reaction and kept using it. I even signed up for their subscription and continued using for about a year. After a few months of using WEN, my hair started to fall out.

Huge balls of hair were left in the drain after each wash, and my hair got thinner and thinner. I panicked when I saw a completely bald spot on one side of my head. What? I was in my 30’s and it was too early for starting loosing my hair.

Nobody in my family has any problems with baldness or thinning hair, so it can’t be genetic. I am also leading a very healthy lifestyle, with good nutrition and exercise. First after my husband told me that I was loosing lots of hair and asked if it could be my shampoo did I connect the dots. I noticed that the itchiness and the burning sensation started a couple hours after washing with WEN’s conditioner.

I immediately stopped using it.

Unfortunately, I let it go pretty far and am still suffering from thin hair. My bald patches (2 in total) are still there but are slowly getting better.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wen Cleansing Conditioner.

Reason of review: health hazard.

Wen Cons: Severe hair loss, Baldness, Itchy scalp, Refused to refund money, Arrogant attitude on the phone.

• wenhaircare shampoo rip off
  • WEN Customer Service Review
  • Wen Cleansing Conditioners
  • Wen Hair Loss
  • Wen Hair Destruction

Comments

nomadwww
#1742032

Hormones? What else did you use to style?

Why didn’t you go to the Doctor? Do you really expect people to believe this?