2.5
Turnaround Time

I am horrified over the number of women who have experienced the SAME symptoms of hair loss and bald spots after using Wen like I have! I have always had thin, fine hair.

Never "problem" hair, just fine and thin. I started using Wen because of its claim of being gentle on the hair, safe ingredients, ability to use it everyday, etc. Loved it as a shampoo/leave-in! Within three weeks or so, my hair started "shedding".

What in the world? I thought there must be something wrong with my diet even though absolutely nothing had changed. I even kept a "food diary" for the next four weeks just to make sure. No changes there, so that theory of mine was invalid.

Then I thought that maybe some outside stressor must be occurring even though I wasn't aware of it. So I did research on that, came up with nothing to support that thought. According to much research, a stressor THAT extreme would be consuming your everyday life, and absolutely nothing was happening (thank goodness!) to fit that possibility. Drugs or smoking?

Never. Not enough sleep? I get a good 8 hours every night. Not enough exercise?

P90X everyday. Vitamin deficiency? Nope, I supplement. I had NO idea what was causing my hair to fall out.

I had even started keeping the hair that remained in my hair brush in a shoebox marked "Week 1", "Week 2", "Week 3", etc, so I could show my husband the "evidence" to my claim! Even he could see the credibility of my "experiment in the shoebox". And the shoebox didn't account for the amount of hair that was pulled from the drain : ( And did I say that I have thin, fine hair to start with...so you KNOW how this was affecting my everyday mood and personality. I never gave a second thought about the "new" (although by this time I had been using it for about 3 months) shampoo/leave-in because my hair, even though it was shedding heavily, was really was soft and silky...so SURELY, it couldn't be the revolutionary hair product that I had discovered and read so many raving reviews on.

Well, the time to visit my colorist had now come around (once every 10-12 weeks). I was offended when he asked me if I had been wearing extensions, but he did so because of the two BALD spots on the back of my head and one on the top rear...ones that I really couldn't see due to their positions! I was mortified! And I STILL did not think about the Wen!

I was again determined to research health and dermatological articles/studies to "reveal" what was happening to me. I scoured the internet on medical articles related to my symptoms. Then, while researching just the topic "hair loss", I was stopped dead in my tracks. Women with the SAME type of experiences and hair loss as me, ALL USING WEN!

How could I have been so gullible so as not to have thought of the Wen! I immediately stopped using Wen just as a test. For the next two/three weeks, the amount of hair left in my hair brush went down. I even pulled out less hair from the drain.

There WAS still considerable hair loss, but I could tell it was less. I am now going on week 5 of "No Wen", and I am still seeing a reduced amount of hair loss again in the brush and drain. AND in my shoebox experiment. haha I will not say that Wen is a bad product, because obviously some women have had success in using it.

But for me, maybe for women with fine, thin hair to begin with, it is NOT the product to use if you value what small amount of hair that you have to start with. I am devastated to have learned this information after having used it for almost 5 months and having lost at least a third of my already thin hair. : ( Lesson learned...before using any product that is on the market, research and google ALL reviews, pro and ***. Don't just stop after the first few reviews.

Keep scrolling.

I don't guess that it is "refreshing" to discover negative info on something that is so highly regarded and advertised, but it definitely will allow you to look at the product from a different angle. And you might just end up saving yourself some hair, time, and shoeboxes.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wen Cleansing Conditioner.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Wen Pros: Thought of silky hair.

Wen Cons: Hair loss and bald spots.

Comments