Update added by user Mar 10, 2015
It's come to my attention that there are two very different formulations of Wen - The Chaz Dean Wen sold at ChazDean.com lists it's ingredients on the site.The Guthy-Renker formula sold at Wen.com does not list it's complete ingredient list anywhere on the site.
It is not the same product at all. They are complete frauds, and this is where our product came from. Someone noted the difference in the labels. Chaz Dean's simply says "Wen" and Guthy Renker's says "Wen by Chaz Dean".
I do not know what in the shampoo is causing so many to lose their hair, and if it is only Guthy Renker's product, but I suspect it is. Chaz Dean's 2nd ingredient is aloe vera gel, followed by glycerin. Guthy Renker's product's 2nd ingredient is glycerin followed by cetyl alcohol and cetearyl alcohol.
Here are the complete ingredient lists for each...
Chaz Dean's Wen
Water, Aloe Vera Gel, Glycerin, Chamomile Extract, Cherry Bark Extract, Calendula Extract, Rosemary Extract, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Emulsifying Wax, Panthenol, Trimethylsilylamodimethicone, Hydrolyzed Whole WheatProtein, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Menthol, Essential Oils, CitricAcid, Methylchoroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone,Fragrance
Water,Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract
Prunus Serotina (Wild Cherry) Bark Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 60, PEG-60, Almond Glycerides, Amodimethicone, Citric Acid, Menthol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance, Limonene
Original review posted by user Mar 08, 2015
My 10 year old daughter, who lost her hair from Wen Cleansing Conditioner, granted permission to share this photo in hopes of preventing others from using Wen and having the same catastrophic results.Do your research and don't buy this product.
She was given it by her grandmother, who raved about it (really just parroting the infomercial.) so I didn't think to look at reviews before using. Wow, am I sorry about that! There are hundreds of hair loss reports just on pissedconsumer.com, and hundreds more around the web. There is no question her hair loss was from Wen.
First loss was noticed days after first use. Subsequent uses her hair literally just slipped right off her head. Having had the product so hyped up that is was so gentle, I still didn't suspect it until someone sent info on the class action suit. Grandma's hair also thinned severely.
5 months later, my girl has patchy growth on about 1/3 of her head.It is OK to re-share the photo.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Hair loss
- Reason of review:
- harm to child
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Cleansing Conditioner
- Review category
- Cosmetics and Toiletries
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Below I posted a video of what wen by chaz dean did to my hair!~ It matted and fused my hair and I could not get it apart. I got..."
- "One day I was asked by my husband to call my credit card company & find out how much was owed, he also asked for the last 10 transactions. One..."
- "I do not sell for this company but after seeing the explosive YouTube videos of the Mineral Liquid Foundation that even covered sharpie drawn on faces, I just HAD to..."
- "My other half and I had the patience to support and trust Michele's process which is so personal and hands-on that she hit our match on the first set-up. ..."
- "I just got off the phone with customer service, where I was apologized to for 50 minutes but not given any reasonable options. Three days ago, an attempt was made to..."
- "I love my Hyla - must get that out of the way from the beginning. After 15 years of hard use, however, with tons of dog hair and leaves..."
- "After owning for only 4 years now, we noticed that the bottom shelf of the cupboard over the couch is coming off. We then checked to see how it is..."
- "Shipping is in the time. If there is some problem with a product then they will help you to resolve it (replys to your message at 24 hours). You can..."
- "I purchased a sofa in April of 2015. It is placed in a secondary living room that gets little to no use. I noticed in July of 2016..."