1.4K views

This is interesting - just discovered that the Chaz Dean original version and the Guthy-Renker version have completely different formulations. I wonder if those having hair loss are using the GR version, or if it is happening with the original as well. We used the GR version, and my daughter lost all her hair. If you also lost hair, which version did you use? Please comment. Here are the ingredient lists...

Chaz Dean original version:

Methylchloroisothiazolinone

Methylisothiazolinone

Fragrance Parfum

Limonene

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Hair loss.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 09, 2015.

Comments

I used the Guthy Renker version...purchased several kits! I called about my hair loss long before the lawsuit came out and the phone rep told me "it was normal because it's getting rid of the dead hairs so new healthier growth can come through" and "to give it time to work". I never signed the class action papers that came through the mail as I had a bigger battle I was facing....cancer.

I urge everyone who has had hair loss from Wen to call the FDA so there will be action. Doesn't matter how long ago it was. Save the product if you can, or at least save the numbers on the bottom.

Catherine, it was the formula with aloe?

Thorofare, New Jersey, United States #957606

I have lost about 50% of my hair. I used the Chaz Dean Wen formula for about 12 months before my hair started to fall out.

But once it did start, it has been dramatic loss even after stopping Wen.

For the past year and a half I have been using Rogaine to help restore my hair and control more loss, but it is only slightly effective. I truly believe the Wen destroyed my hair follicles!

GuthyRenkerHelp
to Catherine #958038

Hi Catherine, Our team would like to learn more about your experience. If you could please contact our team here: http://www.wen.com/lp/cet with details provided in your post, someone from our team will be in touch with you shortly to speak with you.

to Catherine #1031118

Any improvement Catherine? Did your bottle have methylisothaizolinone?

(Older formulation) They reformulated, and wondering if people are still losing hair with the new formula. Hope you joined one of the lawsuits!

GuthyRenkerHelp

Hello, We would like to learn more about your daughter's experience with WEN Hair Care. If you could please fill out this simple online form: http://www.wen.com/lp/cet with details of her experience, it will go straight to our Corporate Customer Service Escalation Team who is standing by to assist.

Thank you.

Chaz Dean ingredients are listed the ChazDean.com website. Guther-Renker at wen.com does not list the ingredients anywhere on the site, only the "key ingredients" The few they want you to know about. Pretty sneaky!